So many of us are running businesses either from home or in offices that require us to have a visual presence on the internet. I think this is a great time in our history where we truly can be working from anywhere! It also can be a lot of pressure to feel like you need to upgrade those head shots or have a few professional shots to use in your social media outlets. I can assure you that we can accomplish this goal in 30 minutes with good lighting :) Reach out to me today if you're interested! email@example.com
This passed week we squeezed in a session before a rain storm with my brother and sister in law. They're expecting their first baby, a girl, within the next two weeks! We couldn't be more excited for another baby to snuggle and hold...then give right back :) Enjoy a few images from our summer evening session!
"Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."
This sweet family session was a large multi-generation shoot over the weekend out in Maryland. The warm summer sun and slight breeze made it a perfect evening session. I just wanted to share a few this morning of these cute siblings! R was celebrating his 5th birthday on that day so it made it extra fun to capture him on his actual birthday with his family!
Hope you have a wonderful week! This is moving week for us so say a prayer for us! Not only is it crazy with camps, VBS and life in general, I think the heat index is over 100 degrees the next few days :)
We got a beautiful new niece a couple weeks ago over the first weekend of March and she couldn't be sweeter! Her big sister P is just a little over a year old and very curious as to what this little baby is doing at her house. Thankfully the cousins all played with Miss P to keep her happy while I snuck up to the nursery to snag some photos of little Miss M. Her nursery has lots of sweet floral touches crafted by Grandma! It's such a cute little room for a tiny new little sister. May Miss P & Miss M grow up to be close in spirit! I've always wanted a sister of my own so thankfully life has given me great sister-in-laws. Congrats to you Ashley & Ken, she's beautiful and we can't wait to see her grow into her own person.
“A sister is a gift to the heart. A friend to the spirit. A golden thread to the meaning of life.” ~Unknown
I don't know formal statistics but from people I know in real life, it's very common these days for men and women to be running independent businesses from home. I know friends doing everything from skin care, to fitness, to health and vitamins sales. With the internet, the options for running home businesses has expanded exponentially but the thing that remains is that each person wants to keep a professional online image. Are you in the market for a fresh headshot to use on your business or media? Are you ready to update a resume on online profile and need a new headshot? I am offering headshot packages but on location and in a studio setting if you prefer. Here's a recent handful of images from a happy customer running her online business!
Headshot packages starting at just $150. Contact me today for pricing and availability, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dinaker slowly realized that there was another roommate in the friends house he kept visiting. Once he realized who this other roommate was, he started paying attention. Eventually though it was Rachel who suggested "hanging out sometime" and it all began there! I love stories like this, where the couple met through friends unexpectedly and slowly simmered into their own love story. Dinaker and Rachel are looking forward to a gorgeous January wedding so we took some time to get in those peak fall colors while we still had them for this session!
Are you engaged or going to be a part of a wedding this summer? I've been photographing weddings for over a decade and in those years, I've learned a few things about what works. A special time of day is the bride getting ready. It's a sweet combination of joy, nerves, excitement and preparations! Generally the bride is surrounded by close friends and family, getting ready to walk down the aisle. In my experience as the photographer, I wanted to share some ways that you can make the space great for both the bride and the photographs.
1. Have at least one window available for natural light: Natural light is usually the most flattering and is a great option for helping to light the portraits of the bride getting ready. As you choose the space for the bride to get dressed in, make sure it has at least one window!
2. Clear the clutter: I know getting ready time is hectic. Usually there are bridesmaids and moms and everyone else all prepping in the same space but when it's time to get the bride dressed, you don't want large amounts of stuff strewn across the room. It's hard for a photographer that has to both clean up the room and style/photograph the bride.
3. Make sure details are close by: Everything from flowers to rings to invitations need to be ready to go in the prep room. The reason for this is that the details are a huge part of the story of the wedding day and every photographer wants to make sure they're a part of the photographs. If all of these things are close by and ready to go, it makes the photography go smoothly, as well as the mood for the bride. There's nothing like realizing 5 minutes before bridal portraits that the shoes are missing or on one grabbed the bride's bouquet yet. These are important things to be ready with! (True story: 20 minutes before a wedding a bride realized her specific underwear for the dress was not in the dress bag like she thought it was. Talk about frantic and embarrassing to try to get someone to go retrieve that for you!)
4. Temperature: This is pretty self explanatory but especially on hot wedding days with lots of people in the room, everyone is going to feel better if it's not smoking hot in the room. If you can get there early and crank down the AC a few points, even better!
5. Great attitudes: Every wedding day has its drama whether it be personal or situational. The best way to keep the environment drama-free and a good vibe to leave that stuff at the door the best you can. It can be tricky with so many emotions at play, but it's important to surround the bride with positivity as she prepares for one of the biggest days of her life!