Another week is beginning and who can believe it's DECEMBER my friends?! I sure can't. This year is almost in the books! I am sorry I never confessed last week, I will try to make it up to you with my wit and honesty today. Really all I want to do is crawl back under the covers and get 3 more hours of sleep but that hasn't happened since before motherhood for me...so here's today's confessions :)
- I said to my husband the other day, "I wish we were cool enough to throw a fancy Christmas party where people had to dress up." His response to me, "You wait until your kids are gone for that stuff." For real?! You always see it in movies, where there's these fancy, fun parties. I would like to live in a world where I get invited to one :)
- Macy's hair..this could actually be a lot of confessions. I mostly just confess that I don't know what to do with it sometimes! She has very fine and wavy (aka crazy) hair. If it gets an ounce of moisture it curls all over the place but it's not really an even curl. It grows slowly, she is almost 3 1/2 and has only ever had a tiny trim to even it out. Moms out there, what do I do with it? Ideas please :)
- True Story, I once fell asleep during Les Miserables on broadway in NYC...it might have even been during a battle scene. I was in high school, so don't think too lowly of me, but what I think I am trying to say is that French musicals aren't my thing! Although I love the song with "on my own..."
- I genuinely like some of those cheesy made for TV Christmas love stories...I am a sucker for them. Why? I couldn't tell ya!
- Speaking of TV, why is Private Practice ending? I really like that show too, although there have been lots of disturbing scenarios on that show. I think I am drawn to the characters and am always cheering for Addison!
- My home made laundry detergent is working out well as far as I can tell thus far. It doesn't have much of a smell to it, so I have definitely been using dryer sheets with the adult clothes. With the kids stuff, it seems to be doing fine as long as stains are pretreated.
- I was part of a cookie swap last night. I brought mint chocolate chip cookies. The green color might scare people but if you like mint choc chip ice cream, this is the cookie for you! The cookie swap itself was great, who doesn't love time with girlfriends over chocolate?! I have to say, one friend made chocolate chip cookies with a nutella center and a touch of sea salt...dangerous :)
- I decided the other day, if I had an accent, I would totally choose a British one. Everything just sounds classier or maybe it's just my love for Downton Abbey...
- Do you ever use Pandora Radio? I am linking you to my current favorite station created off of Matt Wertz "Sweetness in Starlight" song. That song was a favorite in college that has just stayed with me. It has made for a great station. If you happen to be in a holiday mood though, you can't go wrong with the "Peaceful Holidays" station.
10. Here's the twins encounter with Santa...Max was not having it! We have a cute crying picture of him but am having issues with the download (so please also excuse the quality image because it's a phone pic.) Santa thought if he got out of the chair, Max might go for sitting in the chair without him (WRONG)
(*Update, got download)
(Side note: DO NOT PURCHASE anything from the Christiana Mall Santa, the website that the pictures are running through is horrific so even if you pay for the download, it's not working. Santa himself is lovely, just don't purchase from the photographers unless you just want an instant print. End rant now :))
My new motto for this season of life is to aim to ENJOY IT and not just ENDURE it! I challenge you my friends to do the same this week. Find ways to embrace it all and enjoy life!