Hello friends on the interwebs! It is 2015 and I am back at the blog :) I am sorry for my blog absence! It was quite the holiday season with some illness thrown in there for good measure. The great news is that all are healthy again at my house (for now) and the kids went back to school today! I still have my littlest guy hanging around until preschool pics up again next week. I have to say, I am thankful for routine! I definitely feel a little like this today :)
Funny thing is that usually December is quiet for photographers or at least mine have been sporadic for business in the past. This year, that was not the case! I am so thankful to have had a wedding, a few different family sessions, and a newborn session all over the last two weeks. With that being said, thank you to all my patient clients waiting on me in the holiday hubbub to get their galleries up! As for things to confess today….
1. I confess that in November I read Jen Hatmaker's book "7" and it has been messing with me. It gave me so much to think about, especially in the holiday season of excess. I admit, I have not yet done anything drastic but am slowly mulling over how to live in a more simple way, with less excess. (This is hysterical because if you would've stopped by my house yesterday as we were attempting to do some room trading among our kids….you would've had to dig through mountains of their stuff to find any of us. That brings me to my point exactly, we need to simplify a little!) I definitely recommend the book if you need a thought provoking start to the new year!
2. I got to see the movie version of Unbroken on New Year's eve with the hubs. I have to say, Unbroken, is one of my all time favorite books/stories. It's a beautiful and amazing story of both survival and redemption. I was curious to see how Angelina Jolie would handle the story for the film. I did "enjoy" the movie as much as you can enjoy watching anyone suffer like Louie did. I am thankful for men like him who survived to share their stories. I was a little bummed though that they didn't focus more on him finding faith in Christ, and that truly rescuing him out of his despair. Still though, an amazing book and well done film!
3. I confess, with sickness and crazy schedules, my workouts have not been what I wanted them to be. I had fallen from my usual 5 to 6 days a week workouts to about 3. I am feeling it and need to get back at it! Are you ready for a change? I am forming a challenge group now and can make suggestions on a plan and nutrition that will get you results! Email me if you're interested in one of my challenge groups this year. firstname.lastname@example.org
4. For you Keurig lovers, what are you favorite K-cups out there? I always inevitably have a small stash of ones I didn't love. I need some ideas :) Of course, Dunkin Donuts K-cups always hit the spot!
5. Part of a new year for a lot of people is setting goals. I am thinking over a few things I would like to do or be in the new year. One thing I want to be more consistent in is my spiritual disciplines. Do you need a reading plan or some encouragement? I personally love She Reads Truth online with daily reading plans and devotions. It's a great way, wherever you find yourself (sometimes it's even in the kids carline at school) to take a minute and reflect.
6. Another devotion I love is Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon. It's a little dated language but it's so powerful and thought provoking, I love it. It has a morning and evening reading for every day of the year.
7. Who watched Downton Abbey season 5 premiere last night?! You know I did. I confess though that I have already watched the entire season online (I know, I know….I couldn't resist) but I am going to watch it again as it's on tv here. It was an action packed start to the season! I won't spoil it for those of you waiting to watch online. As always the Dowager Countess doesn't disappoint with her witty one liners. "Principles are like prayers…noble, but awkward at a party!"
8. What's been your favorite book you've read lately? I am making a list of what to read in 2015!
9. I got some wonderful Christmas gifts. I have been excited about a lot of the but super excited to put on some of my new workout gear from Cross Training Couture and go get in a workout! (There I said it, I have to go do it ;)
Here's a snapshot of my ever growing kiddos on Christmas morning!
Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!