So I confess that I really feel like I am winning at Monday, although if you saw me still in my PJ pants or my house, you might disagree. I feel like I am winning because I already got 4 children up, dressed, fed, backpacks and lunches packed and got the three big kids off to school all on my own! I was cutting it close on timing but still got everywhere there before the bell! I've also gotten loads of laundry going and a pot roast in the crock-pot. I heard once that if you know what's for dinner by 10am, you will be a lot less stressed and I entirely agree!
So here goes the rest of my confessions...
1. I have been drinking hot lemon water first thing in the morning and then keeping the lemon water going the rest of the day! I kept reading about the benefits of adding in lemon water to start your day, so I've been doing it for a few weeks. It supposedly helps everything from metabolism, to liver and digestion functions. I am going to stick with it to see if I notice long term benefits! If nothing else, we all know it's definitely good to get your body hydrated first thing after sleep.
2. As for my breakfast, I've been loving yogurt with granola and berries when I don't have time for cooking eggs. Our town thankfully got an Aldi's within the last couple months and it's been amazing for me to get fresh produce at great prices. (I also love Produce Junction but it's farther away!)
3. I confess we've been home bodies over the last week because between weather and sickness, it's our only option. I am thankful though that after a busy holiday season, having some time to try to get a handle on things at home is a gift. I spent most of Saturday afternoon with the twins creating their solar system projects for school. I love seeing their creativity come alive! I've really been reminded lately that childhood is often messy and not aimed at productivity like adulthood. This might sound obvious but I think a lot of times we want our kids to act like adults. We should let our kids be kids and enjoy the creative process! (My son is Uranus, ask me how many jokes a second grade boy can make out of that one?!!!)
4. We got sucked into an original Amazon series called The Man in the High Castle and it's so good! Matt and I rarely agree on tv shows that we want to watch but this one we both love. Without giving anything away, imagine if the USA had lost WWII and we were all speaking German or Japanese! It's a fascinating concept and extremely well done. We only have a couple episodes left of Season 2 and will have to wait until the fall to see Season 3 with everyone else!
5. Our town finally got our own Y! This has been a great excitement for me because it's allowed me to get back into classes while cute Benji plays with other little guys. So far I have loved Body Pump of course and also been to HIIT and boot camp classes. They sort of remind me that I have a ways to go to get back into the fitness level I was at before having Ben, but we all need goals right?! It's the perfect time of year to get into a routine and it's also nice to have some activities outside of the house. I still have a soft spot for working out at home when I can, but it seems less realistic with an extremely busy toddler right now! (I mean the kid can even turn on the dishwasher so I have to watch him constantly!)