Can I get an Amen for today's weather? Even the crazy wind isn't bothering me so much because it's fairly sunny and warm! After a LONG winter here in Delaware, the sun and warmth feels like therapy! We had GREAT weather for Saturday's mini sessions too, which I couldn't be more happy with!
1. We had a nice slow Sunday yesterday after church, which rarely happens. I think though that when I actually slow down the pace a little, it shows me how much MORE I need to slow down the pace and keep priorities straight. I learned a long time ago you can say "yes" to lots of good things and still be missing the "best" things. I am trying so hard to protect our sanity and schedule but even with that focus, the next few weeks is insane! I confess though that I really do need to slow down a bit more. I am ready for the change of pace that summer brings!
2. I confess that teachers want out of school just a much as students! Only a few more weeks of the semester with my photo class, which I very much enjoy! Every semester there are suprises and dissapointments but I am always reminded how much I love teaching!
3. I finished a really good book yesterday, The Little Way of Ruthie Leming, by Rod Dherer. It is a non-fiction memior style book written about the author's life, most of it being focused on his sister and her battle through cancer. I actually knew nothing about the book when I put in for a hold at the library but I kept hearing it recommended. I can really see why people like this book, it was an easy read and I enjoyed it. It made me very contemplative though and even inspired last night's dinner menu when I made jambalya and sweet tea! I have spent some time on a few different trips to Louisiana and it reminded me of my time there. Small town Lousiana is most of the setting for this story. It really made me think on relationships and life and all those things you don't like to think about when racing through the speed of life. If you're in the mood for a thoughtful read that will require a few tissues along the way, this is a good one!
4. I did my first p90x3 workout today! I just finished up Beta round of T25 and am ready for something new leading up to summer! It's definitely different than other things I have done. I realized I am not half the beast I like to think I am...a pull up bar can humble you quick! I am ready to try something new though and see how all the strength moves change my body!
5. It has been quite a while since I have sat down to take a vocabulary quiz but there have been a few new words crossing my path lately and I am going to attempt to work them into conversations :) I am not going to lie, I learned one in church and one from reality tv! You can guess which is which!
the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.
showy but cheap and of poor quality.We had an adventure to the local orchard this morning to run around and soak in some sunshine. Luck smiled on us though because it wasn't supposed to be open to the public today (depsite their very confusing website) but thanks to a private party we were still able to go in for a few hours!This morning because all the kids were home and it was a beautiful day, we headed to the local orchard to run and enjoy the fresh air! It was little cloudy and windy but that didn't stop our fun. The kids got to play on all the playgrounds and do the petting zoo...there was even an appearance of the Easter bunny!Have a great week friends!