SO this morning I was one of those people that I thought I might never be, I was at a fitness studio by 5:30am for a circuit workout. It was great to get my body up and moving! I was back to my house before anyone else was even up and I know I burned a few hundred calories. I have to say though, I might be ready for a nap by lunchtime! It is REALLY nice though that my workout is already done and I can go about my day. So here goes confessions...
1. Last week I cooked my first ever ham. Some of you might be laughing but for real, I did and it was delish. My whole family even ate it up! The only casualty was a burn on my hand. Last week's house chores were tough on my hands! I got a cut last Monday putting laundry away too...
2. Have I ever told you friends I am Delaware native? Born here and never left! I know, crazy right?
3. I confess... I watched Tori Spelling's new documentary style reality show, True Tori, which is capturing her dealing with her husband's infidelity. I have to be honest, there's so many things about her life I disagree with but I am very drawn to her as a person in her books/reality show. I have to say though, the show was very sad to me. It's hard to watch a mom of 4 littles going through that...especially her every move being chased by paparazzi. I don't know if I will keep up with the show but it was interesting to watch it all from her perspective.
4. I finished up another book, Orphan Train by Christina Baker Klein. I really liked it, mostly I think because it is a fascinating part of history I knew nothing about. A lot of the tale is actually heart breaking but there was some redepmtion in the end.The orphan trains operated between 1853 and 1929, relocating about 250,000 orphaned, abandoned, or homeless children, taking them from Eastern cities to the Midwest. Unfortunately a lot of these kids found what was more like indentured servitude within the homes they were adopted to. Definitely give this one a read!
5. Want to know my favorite summer Starbucks drink? It's a black tea lemonade. Yum! I do like it sweetened so I tried with agave instead of sugar...not too shabby!
6. We are doing A LOT better with potty training, thank goodness. We are still having trouble convincing little man to do # 2's on the potty but # 1's are all good! No accidents with those for at least 3 or 4 days!
7. I had a great engagment shoot this past weekend that I will share on here soon, but what I want to chat about happened after that. I was down on the river in a historic district in Delaware and I saw a gorgeous older couple with a classic car. I saw them chatting when he leaned in and kissed her on the forehead. I was smitten with them, I had to speak up and offer some photographs. Totally harsh light, tons of people around and nothing ideal, but I have a feeling their grand kids will cherish these! I enjoyed my few moments with these sweet people, hearing their story. I guess my point for sharing is don't be afraid to interact with people, sometimes it's worth it!
I hope you all have a great week ahead! I have some travel ahead this week so I don't know if I will get to other posting but I do have some photography I would love to get to share soon! :)