We are back from our week at the beach and I am facing the reality that summer is quickly ending! Most kiddos in our area go back to school today but thankfully I have this one last week with my littles before kindergarten starts! So here goes this weeks confessions….
1. I confess that I am both very excited and nervous for this next phase of our lives with kids in school all day. I will still have Max man to squeeze on when he's not at morning preschool but it's just hard to wrap my head around. Aren't they still little chubby infants that need me for everything?!
2. I am already on my second cup of coffee, praying it's enough to keep me going through everything I need to get caught up on! A workout is still on the to-do list for later!
3. If you've been following my social media at all, you know my sweet Macy was "Little Miss Peach" in our towns Peach Festival parade a couple weeks back. She adored the role and loved waving to many friends! It was so fun to be a part of the festival and to see her shine. She's sometimes pegged as shy, but it's usually just the fact that she's around a very out going twin brother :) Here's Little Miss Peach in action.
4. I read two books over vacation. One was, If I Stay, by Gayle Foreman, which was totally emotional but I liked the story. I was even lucky enough to see the movie on Saturday night while Matt took the kids to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I liked the movie portrayal of the story (except that there was such a casual approach to teen intimacy…that's a topic for a whole different day!). If you're up for an emotional but sweet story of growing up and family life, it's a good one.
5. The other book I read was, The Kitchen House, by Kathleen Grissom. I have to say, although this story was a nicely woven historical fiction, I was not a huge fan. It came highly recommended by a friend and also is a NY Times Bestseller but it was DEPRESSING. I felt like it just keep going and there was hardly a redeeming character in the story. A lot of the characters were victim to awful circumstances but it just felt like a downward spiral all the way until the end. I definitely don't recommend this for a light hearted beach read, I should've chosen something else!
6. I've also been doing a lot of soul searching about priorities lately. I think this is the plight of so many mothers, but especially in these days that we can entirely fill with activities and not give a thought to where all of our time goes. I am trying to keep first things first, God, Husband, Kids and the running of our household. I have also been re-reading How to Really Love Your Child by Dr. Ross Campbell. The chapter about giving each child uninterrupted focus attention is hitting home with me. It's such a gem of a book with great biblical parenting insight that I find helpful and not condemning. There are a few things that I have to step back and say no to right now, but I know this is a season with my little people and the other things will be there waiting!
7. I think I have confessed my vocal crush on Sam Smith. If you haven't heard this Brit croon yet, you are missing out! Of course I love his hit Stay with Me and I also love his remake of Whitney Houston's How will I know. Definitely check him out!! I sometimes drive around and pretend to sing his back up…
8. Short on time but want to start getting in some workouts?! Both Shaun T's Focus T25 and Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer series are on special this month through my Beachbody coaching business. I am currently gathering my clients for the September challenge group. Are you ready to make a change and get healthy? Shoot me an email and I will get you the details :) email@example.com
9. Details coming soon for October Mini sessions! Email me if you want in on the info, firstname.lastname@example.org
10. I will leave you with a bible verse to encourage you this week, "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27: 13 & 14
Have a great week friends!